Netherlands: Erasmus University
Erasmus University is a research university driven by a strong focus on current social issues. Studying at Erasmus University means receiving personal supervision and excellent study facilities. Rotterdam is in a vibrant international city which is home to 600,000 people and no less than 160 different nationalities. Attractive housing, daring architecture, international schools, diverse art, shopping malls, and sports facilities can all be found in Rotterdam.
Who can apply?
- Graduate and undergraduate students in the Faculty of Social Science.
How long can I go for?
- One term (winter) or full year.
When does class start?
- Faculty of Social Science: Fall Term: Early September - Mid December. Winter Term: Early January - End of May
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities: Fall Term: September - End of January. Winter Term: End of January - Beginning of June
- School of Economics: Fall Term: Late August - End of December. Winter Term: Beginning of January - End of April
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 ECTS = 2.5 Western Credits (students going for 1 term)
- 60 ECTS= 5.0 Western credits (students going for 1 year)
Please note: for the School of Economics only, 48 ECTS for the year is acceptable for 5.0 Western credits.
What courses do they offer?
- Erasmus School of Economics
- Erasmus School of Social Science
- Please note that the following course codes are only open to Masters-level students: FSWBM2011, FSWBM2030, FSWBM2050, FSWBM4010, FSWBM4020, FSWBM4040, FSWBM4050, FSWBM4061, FSWBM4070.
The courses GW4169M and GW4170M are not at all open to exchange students
Can I live on campus?
- Erasmus University does not own student residences, but their International Office helps incoming students find off-campus housing. Students must tick off the housing option on the online application.
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120