Mexico: Universidad Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
The National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) was founded on September 21st, 1551. It is the biggest and most important university in Mexico and Ibero-America. The fundamental aim of the UNAM is to serve both the country and humanity, train professionals, organize and carry out research (mainly on national problems and conditions), and offer cultural benefits in the broadest sense possible.
Who can apply?
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (you can chose either Fall or Winter)
- 1 year
When does class start?
- First Semester: Early August-End of December
- Second Semester: Early February - End of June
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 5 courses per term= 2.5 Western credits
- 10 courses=5.0 Western credits
- *the number of courses might vary from Faculty to Faculty
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- UNAM University does not own student residences but their International Office helps incoming students find off-campus housing.
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120