Mexico: Fundacion Universidad de las Americas, Puebla
Fundacion Universidad de las Americas, Puebla is located in the municipality of San Andres Cholula, five minutes from the city of Puebla. The university campus has 38 buildings on 73.2 hectares. With a student population of 8300 students, UDLA has much to offer. Many courses are taught in Spanish but nearly 50 different courses are offered in English each semester. In addition to five residence buildings, the University has athletic facilities, cafeterias/fast food, a travel agency, ATMs, a pharmacy and a post office.
Who can apply?
- This program is geared towards undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities. Students in other faculties may apply, but should note that available courses may be electives and thus may not satisfy your degree requirements.
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Winter) or full year. Review the start and end dates before selecting the term when you apply.
When does class start?
- Spring Semester: Early January-end of May
- Fall Semester: Early August - end of December
Language of Instruction
- English/Spanish. Although you might be able to take classes in English, the official language is Spanish, so it will be helpful if you have some knowledge of Spanish.
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 units= 2.5 Western credits (students going for 1 term)
- 60 units= 5.0 Western credits (students going for 1 year)
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120