Japan: Kyoto University of Foreign Studies
Kyoto University of Foreign Studies is one of the oldest private universities for foreign studies. It has about 3,500 undergraduate students and 50 graduate students learning about various languages and cultures. Kyoto is both a center of Japanese culture and tradition and an international city which hosts a many travelers, foreign students and international conferences, making it a perfect environment to study languages and cultures of the world.
Who can apply?
- Graduate and undergraduate students can apply.
How long can I go for?
When does class start and finish?
- Semester 1: Early April- End of July
- Semester 2: End of September- Early December
Language of Instruction
- Japanese. Students must speak local language and/or you can only study languages
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 15 credits = 2.5 UWO
- 30 credits = 5.0 UWO
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- Kyoto University of Foreign Affairs does not own student residences, but their International Office helps international students find off-campus housing. Students must tick off the housing option in the online application. .
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
KUFS Promotional Video
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120