Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong was the first higher education institution in Hong Kong. The university's main estate is situated on the north-western slopes of Hong Kong Island and overlooks Victoria Harbour. The University presently has over 19,000 students, 10 faculties, a graduate school and a number of independent centres of studies and learning. The university is committed to internationalism on campus and hosts over 1,800 international students.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students in the Faculties of Science, Social Science, Arts and Humanities, and Engineering may apply.
- Students must have a minimum cumulative average of 70% to apply.
- Please note that not all subject areas will be available (our agreement excludes HKU's School of Business).
- Please review the "What courses do they offer?" link before selecting a program.
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Fall/Winter) or 1 full year.
When does class start and finish?
- Semester one: September-end of December
- Semester two: January-end of May
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 credits= 2.5 Western credits (students going for one term)
- 60 credits= 5.0 Western credits (students going for one year)
What courses do they offer?
Within each semester's full load of 30 credits, more than half of them must come from one single faculty. That means you should pick three courses from one faculty while the remaining can be chosen from the other faculties.
All courses, except those offered by the Department of Chinese, are taught in English.
Can I live on campus?
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120