Germany: Ontario Baden-Wurttemberg Program
The Ontario/Baden-Wurttemberg Exchange Program (OBW) is a province-wide program for universities in the Rhone-Alpes Region of France and Ontario. Students participating in the ORA program are awarded an automatic scholarship from the Government of Ontario. The educational system in Germany differs from that of Canada; students select and enroll in courses upon arrival. Generally, you will obtain course approvals from your Academic Counsellor via email. In order to receive grades on your Western transcript, you must obtain a Schein for each of your courses in Germany.These Scheine indicate the course taken, number of hours or ECTS credits, the professor and the mark you received. These documents are the only official record of your study in Germany, as the German Universities do not provide transcripts.
- The region of Baden-Wurttemberg is located in the Southwest of Germany, with France on its Western border and Switzerland to the south.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate and graduate students in any faculty.
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Winter/fall) or full year. Yearlong exchanges are encouraged.
When does class start and finish?
- Fall term: Beginning of September-End of January
- Winter term: Beginning of February-End of May
Language of Instruction
- Most courses are taught in German. Proficiency in German is required.
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 ECTS= 2.5 UWO (students going for 1 term)
- 60 ECTS= 5.0 UWO (students going for 1 year)
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120