France: Universite de Provence (Aix-Marseille I)
The Université de Provence allows English Literature students at Western to take courses in English while studying in France. (Please note that sound knowledge of French is still required for communication outside of the classroom.) Founded in an area rich in art and culture, the University is both faithful to its Mediterranean heritage and open to other cultures. The University of Provence (Aix-Marseille I) has a population of 26,000 students and is a state institution with a scientific, cultural and professional vocation.
- Marseilles region of France.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Arts and Humanities majoring in English Literature.
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Winter) or full year. Review the start and end dates before selecting the term when you apply.
When does class start?
- Fall term: End of September-end of January
- Winter term: End of January-mid May
Language of Instruction
- Classes are taught in English. Students must be able to communicate in French prior to arrival.
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 30 ECTS= 2.5 UWO (students going for 1 term)
- 60 ECTS= 5.0 UWO (students going for 1 year)
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- Yes, exchange students may apply to live on campus.
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120