Belize: Galen University Galen University
is located in San Ignacio, Belize. Because Galen is a small university, studying there allows students to receive personal attention. Classes are held on their welcoming campus and in other areas around the University and the country. Belize offers a sub-tropical climate, mountains, rivers, caves, a rainforest and the famous barrier reef.
- San Ignacio, Belize. Located in Central America, Belize borders with the South of Mexico, Guatemala and the Caribbean Sea
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students in the Faculty of Social Science.
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Fall/Winter) or full year.
When does class start?
- Spring Term: Early January-Early May
- Fall Term: End of August-mid December
Language of Instruction
- English. Although Spanish is widely spoken among Belizeans, English is the official language.
How many credits do I need to earn?
- A minimum of 12 credit hours or 2.5 Western credits and up to 16 credit hours or 3.0 Western credits.
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
For more information, contact International Learning:
- Galen University does not own student residences but all international students are housed at the same resort. Once you are selected, Galen University will assist you in applying for housing.
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: 2nd Floor, International and Graduate Affairs Building