England: The University of Sheffield
We are a leading UK university with a global reputation – ranked in the world top 100 by The Times Higher QS World Rankings. The University of Sheffield is located in a city of stunning landscapes – the greenest in Europe, creative, welcoming, rich in culture and history, but with a modern outlook and a million things to see and do. There's all the buzz and stimulation of city life, but none of the stress. Instead there's the friendly, laid-back feel and some staggeringly beautiful scenery. In Sheffield you get the best of both worlds. We are right in the heart of the country, only two hours by train from London. Our central location makes Sheffield an ideal base for travel, so you’ll get the most out of your stay.
- London: 169 miles/270 kilometres from Sheffield, 2 hours 7 minutes by train.
- Manchester Airport: 43 miles/70 kilometres from Sheffield, 1 hour 15 minutes by train.
- York: 60 miles/96 kilometres from Sheffield, about an hour by train.
- Edinburgh: 225 miles/362 kilometres from Sheffield, 4 hours by train.
- Dublin: An hour by air from nearby East Midlands airport.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate students (Cannot study in the department of Dentistry, Education, Graduate School, Law, Leisure Management Unit, Medical Physics, Medicine, Null, Nursing and Midwifery, Graduate Courses/Modeules)
How long can I go for?
- 1 term (Winter) or 1 full year.
When does class start and finish?
- Semester one: 29th September 2014 – 7th February 2015
- Semester two: 9th February 2015 – 13th June 2015
Language of Instruction
How many credits do I need to earn?
- 60 UK credits = 2.5 Western credits (students going for one term)
- 120 UK credits = 5.0 Western credits (students going for one year)
What courses do they offer?
Can I live on campus?
- Yes, exchange students may apply to live on campus. All accommodation matters are dealt with by Accommodation and Campus Services. Please contact ACS directly for information: http://www.shef.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective/international Students are sent their “application number” within their offer email which allows them to apply.
- Deadlines: 11th of August and 11th of December
Contact a Student Who Has Gone on This Exchange
For more information, contact International Learning:
Phone: 519-661-2111 x 89309
Location: Western Student Services Building, Room 2120