Finding a Job in Canada
For information or assistance with finding a job in Canada, talk to the staff at the IESC and the Student Success Centre.
The Student Success Centre provides a number of job-related services, some of which include:
- Western CareerCentral: a job listing service for both on-campus and off-campus jobs
- see also a look at their information about on campus jobs (including a list of potential employers)
- Career Counsellors who can help you explore your career options
- Prepare for job interviews
- Resume and Cover Letter help through WERC (Western's Employment Resource Centre)
- Workshops on career and employment topics
- Career Fair and Career Week
The International and Exchange Student Centre and The Student Success Centre offer information sessions to assist international students with their job search process:
- International Students and Job Searching
- Working in Canada Presentation
- Canadian Immigration and Working in London Seminar
- How to Apply for your Off-Campus and Post-Graduation Work Permits
Every year, the International and Exchange Student Centre hosts a Canadian Immigration and Working in London Seminar. This seminar includes a presentation from the London Economic Development Corporation, which can be found here.
For exact dates and times of presentations, please visit our events page.
The following websites provide information about the Canadian job search process and related topics:
Plan to attend the annual S2B (Student 2 Business) conference: