Volunteering is a wonderful way to meet other students, enhance your skills and gain career-related experience.
General Volunteer Opportunities
International and Exchange Student Centre Opportunities
Every year the International and Exchange Student Centre recruits volunteers to help plan and implement activities and programs that take place throughout the academic year.
- Volunteer positions offered through SDC's Volunteers In Progress Program such as:
- English Conversation Leaders
- IESC Newsletter Assistant Editor
- International Student Activity Coordinator
- Marketing and Promotions Assistant
- IESC/VIP Website Research and Maintenance
- Become a Peer Guide for newly arrived International Students.
- Become an International Income Tax Preparation (IITP) Volunteer.
International Learning Opportunities
- Global Citizenship Program for students returning from an International Exchange Program.
- Volunteer positions offered through SDC's Volunteers In Progress Program for students returning from an International Exchange Program such as:
- Administrative Assistant
- Communications Coordinator
- Marketing Coordinator
- Volunteer Coordinator
- Assistant Coordinator
Undergraduate Recruitment Opportunities
- Social Media Assistant with Western International's Undergraduate Recruitment
SDC’s Volunteers In Progress (VIP)
The Volunteers In Progress (VIP) program provides students with an opportunity to develop skills and gain career-related work at the Student Development Centre (SDC). By volunteering in various areas of the SDC (e.g., Services for Students with Disabilities, Learning Skills Services, etc.) students can explore career interests and establish contacts. Over 100 students participate in the VIP program every year! For more information, contact the SDC.
Please visit Volunteers in Prograss website for more information.