Employee Accommodation, Illness & Injury
If you need to be away from work because of injury or serious illness, this documentation is made available to help facilitate the accommodation process. We want to ensure that we have the best information to allow you to resume safe and appropriate duties in a timely manner.
In most cases, we are able to meet with you in person to discuss your health concerns and to provide you with documentation to take to your treating practitioner. We recognize that there are circumstances where you may be unable to meet with us in person prior to seeking medical treatment; for example, if you are hospitalized or if you are seeking treatment outside of our core work hours.
When to use the Documentation
- As referred by Rehabilitation Services
- When seeking medical treatment outside of Rehabilitation Services core hours, which are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (In this situation, please notify Rehabilitation Services at your earliest convenience.)
What to do with the Documentation
- Take the Functional Accommodation Form (FAF) and the “Dear Treating Practitioner” letter to the appointment and provide to treating practitioner
- Ask the treating practitioner to complete the FAF
- Return the FAF to Rehabilitation Services – your treating practitioner may provide you with the completed form or he/she may fax it directly to Rehabilitation Services.
- The Workplace Safety & Insurance Board - Early & Safe Return to Work Information sheet is provided for informational purposes for those individuals experiencing a work-related injury or illness.