Note: PAW represents all Postdocs (PDFs and PDAs) at Western.
Postdoctoral associates at Western have unionized. Information on the union can be found at PSAC Local 610 and PSAC Ontario.
- Increase the postdoctoral scholar awareness at UWO
- Give postdoctoral scholars a venue to meet with other postdoctoral scholars
- Work with SGPS to inform them about what postdocs need and want from their UWO experience
- Provide a collective voice for the issues of particular relevance/interest to post-doctoral scholars
- Provide a liaison between post-doctoral scholars and the administration of UWO
- Promote and develop effective training and career counseling of post-doctoral scholars at The University of Western Ontario
- Disseminate information pertinent to post-doctoral scholars
We have accomplished this by:
- Maintaining this website and providing you an official email (firstname.lastname@example.org) account to contact us with. We also maintain Facebook and Twitter pages to share information and events.
- Maintaining our uwo postdoc mailing list to send you up-to-date and pertinent information
- Setting up monthly infosocials on the first Thursday at the Grad Club at 4.30pm
- Listening to the postdocs’s questions and answering these questions through our Frequently Asked Questions page
- Setting up an official PAW discussion group where you can ask questions or share advice about your experience at Western with both PAW and other postdocs (More information to follow but this will be on WebCT - you will require a valid UWO account and password).
There are still many plans for building the postdoctoral community as well as providing professional and social development opportunities to postdoctoral scholars.
In order for us to succeed, PAW needs you to help us help you!
We encourage you to:
- Email us with any ideas for events, feedback and comments at email@example.com
- Let your peers know that they should sign up to our mailing list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer with us. If you have a specific interest, we may be able to tailor a position for you. We know that postdoctoral scholars are very busy establishing themselves as independent scientists, however, many of these positions will not require too much of your time and will only help build your resume and network. A list of council positions and responsibilities are posted here (TBC), but other opportunities are available (please email email@example.com to find out more).