Note: PAW represents all Postdocs (PDFs and PDAs) at Western. Postdoctoral associates at Western have unionized. Info on the union can be found at PSAC Ontario ontario.psac.com.
- Increase the postdoctoral scholar awareness at UWO
- Give postdoctoral scholars a venue to meet with other postdoctoral scholars
- Work with SGPS to inform them about what postdocs need and want from their UWO experience
- Provide a collective voice for the issues of particular relevance/interest to post-doctoral scholars
- Provide a liaison between post-doctoral scholars and the administration of UWO
- Promote and develop effective training and career counseling of post-doctoral scholars at The University of Western Ontario
- Disseminate information pertinent to post-doctoral scholars
We have accomplished this by:
Maintaining our uwo postdoc mailing list to send you uptodate and pertinent information
Setting up monthly infosocials on the last Thursday at the Grad Club at 4:30pm
Listening to the postdocs’s questions and answering these questions through our Frequently Asked Question page (http://www.postdocs.uwo.ca/FAQs.html)
Setting up an official PAW discussion group where you can ask questions or share advice about your experience at Western with both PAW and other postdocs (More information to follow but this will be on WebCT https://owl.uwo.ca/portal - you will require a valid UWO account and password.).
There are still many plans for building the postdoctoral community as well as providing professional and social development opportunities to postdoctoral scholars.
In order for us to succeed, PAW needs you to help us help you!
We encourage you to:
Fill out our online Feedback/Questions form (http://www.postdocs.uwo.ca/Questions.html)
Let your peers know that they should sign up to our mailing list by emailing us at email@example.com.
Volunteer with us. If you have a specific interest, we may be able to tailor a position for you. In the next couple of weeks, we will sending you specific areas/topics where we could use your help. We know that postdoctoral scholars are very busy establishing themselves as independent scientists, however, many of these positions will not require too much of your time and will only help build your resume and network. A full list of positions and responsibilities will be posted here: