Film StudiesWestern Arts and Humanities

Student Counselling

There are many services and many counselors available at departmental, faculty, and university-wide levels. The first person to consult should be the individual instructor. The instructor knows the student best, can offer advice on services and resources within the university, has experience in problem areas which may seem unique to the student, and can intercede on the student’s behalf when and where necessary.

If a problem involves an area larger than one course, the student should feel free to speak to the Chair or Undergraduate Chair of the Film Studies Department. An interview can be arranged through the Department of Film Studies Office, Room 0N64, International and Graduate Affairs Building (IGAB), (519) 661-3307 or

Students may also confer with the Academic Counsellor for the Faculty of Arts who can provide students with specific information about academic admission and progression when the student has not met normal requirements and prerequisites. If students have a problem which may prevent normal progression en route to a degree, they are encouraged to consult their Academic Counsellors, Room 1N20, International and Graduate Affairs Building (IGAB), (519) 661-3043 or

The University Community Centre offers students a wide variety of resourse-Counsellors, Student Employment Services, International Student Services, Services for Students with Disabilities, First Nation Services, Chaplain’s Services, and Health Services, ext. 83031. There is also a Career Resource Center with a wide range of calendars and brochures form other universities, ext. 83031