Office: Rm 4130, Thames Hall
Supervisor: Dr. Laura Misener
MA Human Kinetics (Ottawa)
BSc (Human Kinetics) (Ottawa)
- Sporting and recreation events
- Social capital
- Rural community
- Sport for development
Publications & Presentations
- Golob, M., Giles, A. R., & Rich, K. (2013). Identifying promising practices for enhancing the relevance and effectiveness of water safety education for ethnic and cultural minorities. International Journal of Aquatic Research and Education 7(1), 39-55.
- Rich, K., & Giles, A. R. (2013). Contextually appropriate aquatics programming in Canada’s North: The Shallow Water Pool Lifeguard Certification. Canadian Journal of Native Studies, 33(1).
- Rich, K. & Misener, L. (2013, November). Examining the Integrative Potential of a Participatory Sport Events for Newcomers to Canada. Presented Paper at the North American Society for the Sociology of Sport Conference, Quebec City, QC.
- Rich, K. (2013, October). Symposium Synthesis and Wrap Up Discussant. New Rural Economy Research Symposium hosted by the Rural Development Institute at the Canadian Rural Revitalization Foundation Conference in Thunder Bay, ON.
- Rich, K., & Bean, C., & Apramian, Z. (2013, June). Boozing, brawling, and community building: Sport-facilitated community development in a rural Ontario community. Presented at the Internation Society for the Sociology of Sport Conference, Vancouver, BC.
- Rich, K., & Giles, A. R. (2013, June). Bridging Waters of Sport Management and Critical Whiteness to Examine Cultural Safety Training for Instructors of the Canadian Red Cross’ Swimming and Water Safety Program. Presented at the Canadian Sociology Association Conference at Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Victoria, BC.
- Rich, K. & Giles, A. R. (2012). Examining culture in the Canadian Red Cross’ Swimming and Water Safety Program. Presented at the North American Society for the Sociology of Sport Conference, New Orleans, LA.