Andrew Johnson, PhD
School of Health Studies
Room 1004, Elborn College
519 661-2111, 80312
- BA Hons, MA, PhD (Western University)
- Chair - Graduate Program in Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
Supervising Graduate Students
- Neural efficiency, information processing speed
- Interaction between cognition and motor function
- Identification of patient values within an evidence-based practice framework
- Identification of concussion, and tracking concussion symptoms
- Interdisciplinary Movement Disorders Laboratory
- Test construction
- Behaviour genetics
- Statistics and methodology
- Advanced statistics
- Government of Canada: Consultant on statistical and methodological issues
- Boland S, Irwin JD & Johnson AM. (2014). A Survey of Students’ Vitamin D-Related Knowledge. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior, doi: 10.1016/j.jneb.2014.08.013.
- Vanderloo LM, Tucker P, Johnson AM, van Zandvoort MM, Burke SM & Irwin JD. (2014). The Influence of Centre-Based Childcare on Preschoolers’ Physical Activity Levels: a cross-sectional feasibility study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 11 (2) 1794-1802.
- Helmer KG, Pasternak O, Fredman E, Preciado R, Koerte I, Johnson AM, Holmes JD, Forwell L, Skopelja E, Shenton M & Echlin PS. (2014). Susceptibility-weighted imaging study in male and female hockey players over a single season. Journal of Neurosurgery, doi: 10.3171/2013.12.JNS132093
- Sasaki T, Pasternak O, Mayinger M, Muehlmann M, Savadjiev P, Bouix S, Kubicki M, Fredman E, Dahlben B, Helmer K, Johnson AM, Holmes JD, Forwell LA, Skopelja E, Shenton ME, Echlin PS & Koerte IK. (2014). White matter microstructure in ice hockey players with a history of concussion: A diffusion tensor imaging study. Journal of Neurosurgery, doi: 10.3171/2013.12.JNS132092
- Pasternak O, Koerte I, Bouix S, Fredman E, Sasaki T, Mayinger M, Helmer K, Johnson AM, Holmes JD, Forwell LA, Skopelja E, Shenton ME & Echlin PS. (2014). Microstructural white matter alterations in acutely concussed ice hockey players: A longitudinal free-water MRI study. Journal of Neurosurgery, doi: 10.3171/2013.12.JNS132090
- Bowerman BL, Schermer JA, Johnson AM, O’Connell RT & Murphree ES. (2014). Business Statistics in Practice. (3rd Canadian Edition). McGraw-Hill Ryerson, Toronto, ON.
- Tucker P, Vanderloo LM, Newnham-Kanas C, Burke SM, Irwin JD, Johnson AM & van Zandvoort MM. (2013). Learning Environments’ Activity Potential for Preschoolers (LEAPP): Study Rationale and Design. Journal of Public Health Research, 2, e19. DOI:10.4081/jphr.2013.e19.
- Vanderloo LM, Tucker PA, Johnson AM & Holmes JD. (2013). Physical activity among pre-schoolers during indoor and outdoor childcare play periods. Applied Physiology, Nutrition, and Metabolism, 38, 1173-1175.
- Holmes JD, Lutz S, Ravenek M, Laliberte-Rudman D & Johnson AM. (2013). Enhancing client-centredness in Parkinson’s disease care: Attending to the psychosocial implications of lived experience. Open Journal of Occupational Therapy. 1(4), Article 7.