Pre-Placement Requirement Clearance for Entering Students
Student Health Services has partnered with the School of Occupational Therapy to provide support and clearance of pre-placement requirements. Practice sites may request documentation for their records. It is the students’ responsibility to provide this as requested, not Student Health Services or the School of Occupational Therapy.
NOTE: Failure to adhere to the requirement deadlines will result in a hold on your academic record and a $50 administrative fine.
In order to meet the pre-placement requirements, you need to complete the following steps:
- Book an appointment with Student Health Services (well before your requirement deadline).
- Gather all documentation and update immunizations/vaccinations, as per the Medical Requirements listed below. NOTE: Immunizations are available directly from Student Health Services and should be booked prior to your clearance appointment.
- Gather all other documentation and renew qualifications as required, as per the Non-Medical Requirements listed below. NOTE: Mask fit testing can be done at Student Health Services. If you need testing, be sure to mention this when you book your appointment.
- Bring 2 copies (original plus a copy) of all documentation with you to your Student Health Services appointment.
You need to make an appointment with a Student Health Services nurse for final clearance.
You are encouraged to book your appointment early, even if you do not have all documentation in place. Don’t wait until the last week to book your appointment as appointment times will fill.
Ensure that all requirements have been met and proof of completion has been received BEFORE you attend your scheduled appointment. You will not be cleared until all requirements have been submitted and if there is anything outstanding, you will be required to pay for an additional appointment.
Note: The influenza vaccination (flu shot) is only available during flu season. Documentation is due annually by November 15 and can be submitted to Student Health Services without an appointment. Submission information to be provided in the Fall term.
If documentation is missing or a requirement is not complete, students will need to book another appointment for an additional fee.
If you need to cancel an appointment, ensure you cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment or you will be charged for a missed appointment. You can call the cancellation line 24 hours a day at 519-661-3030.
Please bring to your appointment:
- Blood lab reports (as required)
- Yellow immunization card or other proof of immunization
- Certification cards (as required)
- Original and a photocopy of all documents
|Initial Clearance Appointment||$35.00|
|Mask Fit Test||$25.00|
|All prices listed include HST|