Lynn Shaw, PhD
School of Occupational Therapy
Room 2542, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x88971
- BScOT, MSc, PhD (Western University)
- Faculty Scholar: 2013-15
- Part-time Faculty - McMaster University, Rehabilitation Science
- Cross Appointment Associate Member - University of Toronto, Rehabilitation Science
- Stellenbosch University - Graduate Supervisor
Supervising Graduate Students
- Work Transitions and Work Disparities
- Return to Work
- Workplace health, accessibility, ergonomics, and wellbeing
- Enabling consumer participation and occupational transitions to support community and full participation of persons in society
- Advancing the inclusion of persons with disabilities, youth, vulnerable populations, older workers in meaningful productive community occupations
- Occupational justice
- Evaluating hearing accessibility, cognitive and behavioural demands, and social, cultural, and political influences in the workplace
- Canadian Injured Workers Alliance
- Canadian Society of Occupational Scientists
- Occupational Science
- Assessing Worker and Workplace
- Return to Work and Work Transitions
- 2013-2014: Faculty Scholar Western University
- 2013: Clinical Award – Best Paper World Chiropractic Congress Durban, South Africa
- 2014: Townsend Polatajko Lectureship
- President of Canadian Society of Occupational Science: 2011-2013
- Steering Committee Chair – Network of Educational Influential Occupational Therapists for OSOT, IWH and COTO: 2006-2010
- Interprofessional member for the Canadian Chiropractic Association – Guidelines Development Committee: 2006 -2013
- Urbanowski, R., Shaw, L. & Chelagat Chemmuttut, L. (2013). Occupational Science Value Propositions in the field of Public Policy. Journal of Occupational Science.
- Shaw, L. (2013). Are we ready to address the new expectations of work and workers in the transforming world of work? Work, 44, 2-9.
- Cronin, S., Curran, J., Iantorno, J., Murphy, K. & Shaw, L. (2013). Work capacity assessment and return to work: A scoping review. Work, 44, 37-55.
- Antao, L., Shaw, L., Ollson, K., Reen, K., To, F., Bossers, A. & Cooper, L. (2013). Chronic Pain and episodic illness and its effects on occupation. Work, 44, 11-36.
- Bryson-Campbell, M., Shaw, L., Magalhaes, L., Holmes, J. & O’Brien, J. (2013). Occupational Identity after a Brain Injury. Work, 44, 57-67.
- Antao, L., Ollson, K., To-Miles, F., Bossers, A., Cooper, L. & Shaw, L. (2012). Bridging the Gap: Managing Work Transitions with Persons Suffering from Chronic Pain. OT Now, 14(5), 25-27.
- Fok, D., Shaw, L. & Polgar, J.M. (2012). Scoping review: Product selection considerations for individuals with low vision. Insight: Research and Practice in Visual Impairment and Blindness, 5(3), 154–167.