Lilian Magalhães, PhD
School of Occupational Therapy
Room 2533, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x80476
- MEd, PhD (UNICAMP, Brazil)
- Postdoctorate (Institute for Work and Health, Toronto)
- BSc (Rehabilitation School of Rio de Janeiro)
- Women's Studies and Feminist Research
Supervising Graduate Students
- Qualitative research and visual methodologies
- Vulnerable and invisible populations, with specific foci on diversity, immigration, occupational justice and culture
- How world views and belief systems are intertwined to shape the way we see ourselves and others
- Study and development of antioppressive strategies to overcome social and health inequities
- Canadian Society of Occupational Scientists
- Society for the Study of Occupation (USA)
- Mental Health
- Culture and Diversity
- Social Change
- Magalhães, L. (2013). Occupation and activity: trends and conceptual tensions in the Anglophone literature of occupational therapy and occupational science, Cad. Ter. Ocup. UFSCar, (Sao Carlos Journal of Occupational Therapy) São Carlos, 21(2), 255-263.
- Kiepek, N., Phelan, S. K. & Magalhães, L. (2013). Introducing a Critical Analysis of the Figured World of Occupation. Journal of Occupational Science, 1-15.
- Medeiros, M. A. T., Silvestre, M. P., Salerno, V. L. & Magalhães, L. V. (2013). Occupational Health Policy: revisiting the case of Workers’Reference Centre in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. Rev. bras. Saúde ocup., São Paulo, 38 (127), 81-91. (Brazilian Journal of Occupational Health) Portuguese.
- Gastaldo, D., Carrasco, C. & Magalhães, L. (2013). The Creation of a Mobile Workforce: Latin American Undocumented Workers in the Greater Toronto Area. Latin American Encounters, 1 (1), 18-32.
- Bryson-Campbell, M., Shaw, L., O’Brien, J., Holmes, J. & Magalhães, L. (2013). A scoping review on occupational and self-identity after a brain injury. Journal of Work, 44(1), 57-67.
- Huot, S., Rudman, D., Dodson, B. & Magalhães, L. (2013). Expanding Policy-Based Conceptualizations of ‘Successful Integration’: Negotiating Integration through Occupation following International Migration. JOS: Journal of Occupational Science, 20 (1), 6-22.
- Bennett, K., Scornaiencki, J., Brzozowski, J., Denis, S. & Magalhães, L. (2012). Immigration and its Impact on Daily Occupations: A Scoping Review. OTI-Occupational Therapy International 19(4), 185–203.
- Gastaldo, D., Magalhães, L. & Carrasco, C. (2013). Body-map storytelling: a method to document health itinerary, resilience, illness and suffering. A. Fraga, ed. As práticas corporais no campo da saúde [Body practices in health field]. Sao Paulo: Editora Hucitec [bilingual publication, Italian and Portuguese]
- Magalhães, L. (2012). What would Paulo Freire think of Occupational Science? (Chapter 1) G. Whiteford & C. Hocking, eds., Critical Perspectives on Occupational Science: Society, Inclusion, Participation. Wiley-Blackwell, 8-19.