Carol Wong, RN, PhD
Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing
Room H27, HSA
519 661-2111 x88748
- PhD (Alberta)
- BScN, MScN (Western University
Supervising Graduate Students
- Impact of leadership (specifically authentic leadership) on staff/nurse and client outcomes
- Study of the nature of clinical nursing leadership within interdisciplinary models of care
- Educational models that are most effective in preparing future leaders
- Knowledge translation strategies of leaders and role in policy formation
- Decisional involvement - leader structural and organizational characteristics linked to decisional involvement and policy formation within organizations
- Organizational structure and governance features and role configurations that best support positive work environments for health care professionals
- Post-Positivist Research Methodology
- Leadership and Management in Nursing and Health Services
- Organizational Theory and Design in Healthcare Systems
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (MOHLTC) Nursing Early Career Research Award
- Faculty of Health Sciences -Teaching Excellence Award for 2007-2008
- Academy of Management – Healthcare Division – nomination for Best Dissertation Award (2008)
- Academy of Management
- Academy of Chief Nurse Executives (1996-2004; 2009)
- Wong CA, Laschinger HKS & Cziraki K. (2014). The role of incentives in nurses’ aspirations to management roles. The Journal of Nursing Administration, 44, 362-367.
- Wong CA, Elliot-Miller P, Laschinger HKS, Cuddihy M, Meyer R, Keatings M, Burnett C & Szudy N. (2014). Exploring managers’ views on span of control: more than a headcount. Nursing Leadership, 27(1), 45-61, doi:10.12927/cjnl.2014.23737.
- Wong CA, Elliott-Miller P, Laschinger HKS, Cuddihy M, Meyer RM, Keatings M, Burnett C & Szudy N. (2013). Examining the relationships between span of control and manager job and unit performance outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, doi:10.1111/jonm. 12107
- Wong CA, Cummings G & Ducharme L. (2013). The relationship between nursing leadership and patient outcomes: A systematic review update. Journal of Nursing Management, 21, 709-724.
- Wong CA & Giallonardo LA. (2013). Authentic leadership and nurse-assessed adverse patient outcomes. Journal of Nursing Management, 21, 740-752.
- Laschinger HKS, Wong C & Regan S. (2013). Workplace incivility and new graduate nurses’ mental health. Journal of Nursing Administration, 43(7/8), 415-421.
- Laschinger HKS, Wong CA, Cummings GC & Grau AL. (2014). Resonant leadership and workplace empowerment: The value of positive organizational cultures in reducing workplace incivility. Nursing Economics, 32, 5-15, 44.
- Pineau Stam LM, Laschinger HKS, Regan S & Wong C. (2013). The influence of personal and workplace resources on new graduate nurses’ job satisfaction. Journal of Nursing Management, doi:10.1111/jonm. 12113