Catherine Ward-Griffin, RN, PhD
Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing
Room H24, HSA
519 661-2111 x88654
- PhD (Toronto)
- BScN, MScN (Western University)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Critical Feminist Research
- Community-based dementia care
- Social Determinants of Health (gender, age and class)
- Intersections between Paid and Unpaid Care Work
- Qualitative Research Methods (ethnography, grounded theory)
- Mixed Methods Research
- Health Promotion
- Advanced Qualitative Research Methods
- Critical Research Methodologies
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario Award for Teaching Excellence (Academic): 2005
- Award Recipient, Alfreda Simmons Kartha Teaching Award of Excellence, Western University: 2004
- Invited member, CIHR (Gender, Sex and Health Grants Committee): 2008-present
- Editor, Social Policy and Practice Section, Canadian Journal on Aging: 2007-2011
- Invited Research Grant Reviewer, Alzheimer Society of Canada: 2004-2010
- Ward-Griffin, C. (2013). Blurred boundaries: Double duty caregiving [Commentary]. Canadian Nurse, 109(6), 15.
- Ward-Griffin, C., McWilliam, C. & Oudshoorn, A. (2012). Negotiating relational practice patterns in palliative home care. Journal of Palliative Care, 28(2), 97-104.
- Ward-Griffin, C., McWilliam, C. L. & Oudshoorn, A. (2012). Relational experiences of family caregivers providing home-based end-of-life care. Journal of Family Nursing.
- Oudshoorn, A., Ward-Griffin, C., Forchuk, C., Berman, H. & Poland, B. (2012). Client-provider relationships in a community health clinic for people who are experiencing homelessness. Nursing Inquiry.
- Oudshoorn, A., Ward-Griffin, C., Poland, B., Berman, H. & Forchuk, C. (2013). Community health promotion with people who are experiencing homelessness. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 30, 28-41.
- Anjos, A.P., Ward-Griffin, C. & Leipert, B. (2012). Understanding gendered expectations and exemptions experienced by male double duty caregivers: A qualitative secondary analysis. Canadian Journal on Nursing Research, 44(3), 104-123.
- Turpin, L., McWilliam, C. & Ward-Griffin, C. (2012). The meaning of a positive client nurse relationship for senior home care clients with chronic disease. Canadian Journal on Aging / La Revue canadienne du vieillissement.