Rm 2225 - 3M Centre
- September 15: 10 am to noon; 2 to 4 pm
- September 16: 9 am to noon; 2 to 4 pm
- Students can enroll in a maximum of 5.0 credits per academic year. Requests to overload must be approved by a Kinesiology Academic Counsellor.
- Student must have a balanced load - 5 courses in each term. An unbalanced load ie. 4/6 requires approval of a Kinesiology Academic Counsellor.
Online – Western Timetable:
All students must view the Web Timetable for the most current information on course availability/status, timetable schedule, etc.
Information for First-year Students
- Course Selections must be from First Year courses numbered 1000-1999
- Check Kinesiology information for First Year Students
- Check Western Calendar for prerequisites to course selections
- Make sure you have the prerequisites and no antirequisites to the courses you plan to add.
- Do a program check list [use program planning guides on Kin web site] to be sure the changes you are making are appropriate.
- Avoid creating a course conflict when you add courses.
- Meet your first year requirements before selecting senior courses.
- Check out the posted information in the add/drop locations of Departments/Faculties on course openings and waiting list procedures for electives you may wish to add/drop.
- To protect your interests, add courses before you drop. To help others, drop the extra courses as soon as possible.
- Changing your course load may have financial implications. Early notification of changes reduces financial penalties.
- If a course on campus is full, you may get Special Permission from the Kinesiology Academic Counsellor, to take a section offered at King's, Huron or Brescia.
- There is always a line-up on the last day of Add/Drop. Try to complete your changes and submit your form early.
- Please add/update your local address (Registrar's website).
Verification of Registration
- Keep your copy of the Add/Drop form.
- Check your registration on the web in a week or two.
- Check your Western email periodically for messages.
- Double check your degree requirements (use Western web calendar and Kinesiology program planning guides).
- Pay your fees for courses added.
Typical Errors to Avoid
If you discover you have made an error, you should make additional changes to rectify the problem.
- Taking more than 1.0 course per year at an Affiliated College (Huron, King's, Brescia)
- Taking senior courses in first year (no to courses 2000 & above)
- Taking too many first-year level courses
- Missing prerequisites for courses you are adding
- Taking two courses that are antirequisites
- Overloading the term (max 5 per term) without permission
Also from this web page:
Undergraduate Academic Coordinator
519-661-2111 ext. 80580
519-661-2111 ext. 89298
Room 2225 - 3M Centre
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.