Don Morrow, PhD
School of Kinesiology
Room 4163, Thames Hall
- PhD (Alberta)
- BA Hons, MA (Western University)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Health promotion; specifically motivational interviewing/coaching as an intervention for health issues such as weight management, physical inactivity
- Sport history; particularly the impact of narrative method/s
- Sport literature
- Sport, exercise, health, medicine and the body in Western culture
- Alternative/complementary health and medicine
- North American Society for Sport History
- Sport Literature Association
- International Coach Federation
- Editor-in-chief for Sport History Review
- International Fellow, American Academy of Kinesiology & Physical Education
- Research Associate, De Montfort University, United Kingdom
- Canadian Sport History
- Sport Literature
- Sport, Exercise and the Body
- Health Promotion
- Alternative/complementary & integrative health/medicine
- International Fellow in the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education, Lifetime Award
- Edward G Pleva Teaching Award, Western University, 1998
- University Student Council, Scotia Bank Teaching, Alumni Teaching Award, Western University, 1998
- Teacher of the Year, Faculty of Kinesiology, 1995-1996; 1993-1994; 1989-1990
- Chair and Sole Conference Convenor for the 2014 International Hockey Conference, Western University
- Coaching: An International Journal of Theory, Research & Practice, editorial review board member
- Aethlon: the Journal of Sport Literature, editorial review board member
- Sport History Review, peer-reviewed journal; editor-in-chief
- Mantler, T., Irwin, J.D., & Morrow, D., Hall, C.R., & Mandich, A. (2014). Assessing Motivational Interviewing via Co-Active Life Coaching on Selected Smoking Cessation Outcomes. Addiction Research and Theory. August, 22(5), 1-12.
- Morrow, D. (2014). ‘Da, da Canada, nyet, nyet Soviet:’ From Hagiography to Reality in the Canada:Soviet 1972 Hockey Series, lead essay in Coming Down the Mountain; Rethinking the 1972 Summit Series, Wolsak & Wynn Publishers, edited by Brian Kennedy, 33-45.
- Mantler T, Irwin JD, Morrow D, Hall C & Mandich A. (2014). Assessing Motivational Interviewing via Co-Active Life Coaching on Selected Smoking Cessation Outcomes. Addiction Research & Theory, doi: 10.3109/16066359.2014.946410.
- Morrow D. (2014). ‘Da, da Canada, nyet, nyet Soviet:’ From Hagiography to Reality in the Canada:Soviet 1972 Hockey Series, In B. Kennedy (Ed.), Coming Down the Mountain; Rethinking the 1972 Summit Series, Wolsak & Wynn Publishers, 33-45.
- Mantler T, Irwin J & Morrow, D. (2013). The experience and impact of motivational interviewing-via-coaching tools on national smokers’ telephone hotline employees. International Journal of Evidence Based Coaching and Mentoring, 11(1), 55-68.
- Pearson ES, Irwin J D, Morrow D, Battram D & Melling CWJ. (2013). The CHANGE Program: Comparing an interactive versus prescriptive approach to self-management among university students with obesity. Canadian Journal of Diabetes, 37, 4-11.