Michael Heine, PhD
- PhD (Alberta)
- MA (Western)
- LA SEK II (Bochum, Germany)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Discourse Analysis of Olympic spaces
- Discourse Analysis of economic processes and commodification in sports
- Aboriginal Games Documentation in sub-Arctic and Arctic Canada
- Gwich'in Social and Cultural Institute
- International Centre for Olympic Studies, University of Western Ontario
- Arctic Winter Games Committee, Historian
- Introduction to the Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity
- Media analysis and Social Theory of Sport
- Qualitative Methods in Sports Studies
- Heine, M. (2013). The Culture and Practice of Inuit-style Wrestling. Yellowknife, NT: The Sport North Federation. 167 pp.
- Heine, M. (2013). The Culture and Practice of Arctic Sports. Yellowknife, NT: The Sport North Federation. 372 pp.
- Heine, M. (2013). No ‘Museum Piece:’ Aboriginal Games and Cultural Contestation in Sub-Arctic Canada. C. Hallinan & B.Judd (eds.). Native Games: Indigenous Games and Sports in the Post-Colonial World, London: Emerald, 1-19.
- Heine, M. (2013). Performance Indicators: Aboriginal Games at the Arctic Winter Games. J. Forsyth & A. Giles (eds.), Aboriginal Peoples and Sport in Canada. Historical Foundations and Contemporary Issues, Vancouver, BC: University of British Columbia Press, 160-181.