Master's Thesis Forms in HRS
Master's Thesis Due Dates
- Four hard copies of the thesis are due to Cathy 4 weeks before the defence date OR electronically through Scholarship@Western 3 weeks before the defence date or by April 2, 2013 (whichever is earlier). Please follow the electronic submission guidelines.
- The very last day to defend in the 2013 Winter term is April 23 with the final submission date of the thesis to Krystyna Locke in SGPS or through Scholarship@Western is April 30. Students will be eligible for Spring Convocation.
Proposed Master's Thesis Examination Board Form
Policies and Procedures for Master's Thesis Examination Board Form:
- The Master’s Thesis Examination Board Form is due to Cathy Collins five weeks before the defence date or by March 19, 2013 (whichever is earlier). The form is to be completed by the supervisor (with the exception of the room numbers, the name of the Chair of the Examination Board and the signature line). Supervisors should check with Cathy Collins regarding SGPS membership status for their examiners. If applicable, the designation of co-supervisor or joint-supervisor should be noted.
- Program Supervisors must have SGPS membership in Health & Rehabilitation Sciences.
- University examiners must have SGPS membership outside of HRS.
Master’s Thesis Supervisor Approval Form
Policies and Procedures for MSc Thesis Supervisor Approval Form:
- The Master’s Thesis Supervisor Approval form is due to Cathy Collins four weeks before the defence date or by March 26, 2013 (whichever is earlier). The supervisor approval form is to be completed and signed by the supervisor and the student is to sign it as well.
- Four hard copies of the thesis are due to Cathy Collins four weeks before the defence date OR electronically through Scholarship@Western 3 weeks before the defence date or by April 2, 2013(whichever is earlier).
Master's Certificate of Examination Form
Policies and Procedures for Certificat of Examination Form Form:
- It is the Supervisor's responsibility to fill out and obtain signatures for the MSc Certificate of Examination Form.
- The Supervisor of the defending student should bring the Certificate to the defence to obtain all examiner and chair signatures.
- Must submit to the student with the final thesis submission.
Other Master's Thesis Forms
Final Submission Instructions
Thesis Regulations from SGPS
- SGPS Thesis Regulations For the HRS deadline dates, please refer to our internal document.
- Please note that a typical Master's thesis examination will include a public examination. 'Public' means people external to the examination committee can attend but are not allowed to ask questions. The student and/or supervisor may deem it important that the examination be closed. If so, please notify Cathy Collins at the time the board form is submitted. There is limited seating in our examination room and will be given on a first-come first-served basis. Priority will be given to those invited by the candidate.
Thesis Binding Information
- Thesis Binding Information HRS requires one bound copy of the thesis bound in black with gold lettering and single-sided content. The student orders it, pays for the printing portion and HRS will pay for the binding. Graphic Services has our account number and they will deliver it to us.
HRS Events Calendar
Phone: (519) 850-2440
• Application Process
• External Scholarships
• Thesis Defenses
Phone: (519) 850-2453
• Funding and GTA Letters
• Course Enrolment and Marks Management
Andrew Johnson, PhD
Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
Room 1014, Elborn College
The University of Western Ontario
London, ON N6G 1H1
Also of interest:
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.