Health and Aging - Field Goals
MSc/PhD students in the Health and Aging field of study will:
The Health and Aging field of study supports collaborative learning, with students and faculty mutually discovering and creating knowledge. The program also encourages creativity, innovation, independence and initiative in seeking and acquiring knowledge.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the complexities of aging across the lifespan, from prevention to end of life, and will explore significant health issues related to aging and age-related social determinants of health at individual, community, health system, and policy levels.
- Strengthen and apply their scientific inquiry skills, apply and advance their knowledge in research methods and issues related to aging.
- Expand their analytic and critical thinking skills by integrating evidence, theory, and practice in understanding and responding to significant issues related to aging.
- Establish and/or broaden collaborative research and practice partnerships relevant to aging within the university environment, its affiliated research institutions, community health agencies, and communities of seniors.
HRS Events Calendar
Phone: (519) 850-2440
• Application Process
• External Scholarships
• Thesis Defenses
Phone: (519) 850-2453
• Funding and GTA Letters
• Course Enrolment and Marks Management
Andrew Johnson, PhD
Health & Rehabilitation Sciences
Room 1014, Elborn College
The University of Western Ontario
London, ON N6G 1H1
Also of interest:
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.