Philip C. Doyle, PhD
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Room 2200, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x88942
- PhD (University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, University of California, Santa Barbara)
- MA (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- BA (Calfornia State University, Fresno)
- Department of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Voice and voice disorders
- Communication disorders associated with head and neck cancer
- Laryngeal physiology and pathophysiology
- Disorders of voice and speech related to head and neck cancers and laryngectomy
- Perceptual psychophysics and measurement of voice and voice quality
- Speech and voice acoustics
- Measurement of quality of life associated with voice disorders and cancer
- Voice Production and Perception Laboratory (only lab of its type in Canada)
- Postlaryngectomy Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Well-Being and Quality of Life in Oncology
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck and Reconstructive Surgery
- Advanced Seminar: Communication Disorders in Head and Neck Cancer
- Health-Related Quality of Life
- Faculty of Health Sciences Teaching Award of Excellence, 2013
- Bornbaum, C. C., Doyle, P.C., Skarakis-Doyle, E. & Theurer, J. A. (2013). A critical exploration of the international classification of functioning, disability, and health (ICF) framework from the perspective of oncology: Recommendations for revision. Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, 6, 75-86.
- Dzioba, A., Skarakis-Doyle, E., Doyle, P.C., Campbell, W. & Dykstra, A.D. (2013). A comprehensive description of functioning and disability in children with velopharyngeal insufficiency. Journal of Communication Disorders, 46(4), 388-400.
Eadie, T. L., Day, A. M., Sawin, D.E., Lamvik, K. & Doyle, P.C. (2013). Auditory-perceptual speech outcomes and quality of life after total laryngectomy. Otolaryngology--Head and Neck Surgery : Official Journal of American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, 148(1), 82-88.
- Nichols, A.C., Yoo, J., Hammond, J.A., Fung, K., Winquist, E., Read, N., Venkatesan, V., MacNeil, S.D., Ernst, D.S., Kuruvilla, S., Chen, J., Corsten, M., Odell, M., Eapen, L., Theurer, J., Doyle, P.C., Wehrli, B., Kwan, K. & Palma, D.A. (2013). Early-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the oropharynx: Radiotherapy vs. trans-oral robotic surgery (ORATOR)--study protocol for a randomized phase II trial. BMC Cancer, 13, 133-2407-13-133.
- Ravenek, M. J., Skarakis-Doyle, E., Spaulding, S. J., Jenkins, M. E. & Doyle, P.C. (2013). Enhancing the conceptual clarity and utility of the international classification of functioning, disability & health: The potential of a new graphic representation. Disability and Rehabilitation, 35(12), 1015-1025.
- Yoo, J., Chandarana, S., Fung, K., Franklin, J.H., Nichols, A. C. & Doyle, P.C. (2012). The use of autologous platelet and plasma products in salvage neck dissections: A prospective clinical study evaluating early and late wound healing. Journal of Biological Regulators and Homeostatic Agents, 26(2), 63-69.
- Bornbaum, C. C., Fung, K., Franklin, J.H., Nichols, A., Yoo, J. & Doyle, P.C. (2012). A descriptive analysis of the relationship between quality of life and distress in individuals with head and neck cancer. Supportive Care in Cancer, 20(9), 2157-2165.
- Chin, C.J., Franklin, J.H., Turner, B., Moukarbel, R.V., Chandarana, S., Fung, K., Yoo, J. & Doyle, P.C. (2012). A novel tool for the objective measurement of neck fibrosis: Validation in clinical practice. Journal of Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, 41(5), 320-326.