Philip C. Doyle, PhD
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Room 2200, Elborn College
519 661-2111 x88942
- PhD (University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, University of California, Santa Barbara)
- MA (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- BA (Calfornia State University, Fresno)
- Department of Otolaryngology (Head and Neck Surgery)
Supervising Graduate Students
- Voice and voice disorders
- Communication disorders associated with head and neck cancer
- Laryngeal physiology and pathophysiology
- Disorders of voice and speech related to head and neck cancers and laryngectomy
- Perceptual psychophysics and measurement of voice and voice quality
- Speech and voice acoustics
- Measurement of quality of life associated with voice disorders and cancer
- Voice Production and Perception Laboratory (only lab of its type in Canada)
- Postlaryngectomy Research Laboratory
- Laboratory for Well-Being and Quality of Life in Oncology
- Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck and Reconstructive Surgery
- Advanced Seminar: Communication Disorders in Head and Neck Cancer
- Health-Related Quality of Life
- Faculty of Health Sciences Teaching Award of Excellence, 2013
- Day A, Theurer J, Dykstra AD & Doyle P. (2012). Nature and the natural environment as health facilitators: the need to re-conceptualize the ICF environmental factors. Disability and Rehabilitation, 34(26), 2281-2290.
- Yeung JC, Fung K, Bornbaum CC, Day AM, Dzioba A, Parsa V, Levee T & Doyle PC. (2011). Clinical approach to monitoring variability associated with adductor spasmodic dysphonia. Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 40(4), 343-9.
- Jeremic G, Moore CC, Brandt MG & Doyle PC. (2011). Neoadjuvant use of photodynamic therapy in Basal cell and squamous cell carcinomas of the face. ISRN Dermatology, 809409. DOI:10.5402/2011/809409.
Ho AK, Alsaffar H, Doyle PC, Ladak HM & Agrawal SK. (2012). Virtual reality myringotomy simulation with real-time deformation: development and validity testing. Laryngoscope, 122(8), 1844-1851.
- Zhang I, Husein M, Dworschak-Stokan A, Jung J, Matic DB, Siu V, Prasad C & Doyle PC. (2012). Neurofibromatosis and velopharyngeal insufficiency: is there an association? Journal of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 41(1), 58-64.
- Brandt MG, Franklin JH, Osborn HA, Fung K, Yoo J & Doyle PC. (2012). The Western Surgical Concern Inventory-Thyroid: development and initial validation. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, 147(2), 227-32. DOI: 10.1177/0194599812443041.
- Dzioba A, Husein M, Dworschak-Stokan A & Doyle PC. (2012). An evaluation of communication apprehension in adolescents with velopharyngeal inadequacy. Cleft Palate Craniofacial Journal, 49(3), 17-24.
- Rai AS, Glicksman J, Wong E, Doyle PC & Fung K. (2011). Using a computer module to teach use of the EpiPen®. Canadian Medical Education Journal, 2.2: e73-e80.