What to Expect
- Arrive at your school – meet up with the rest of your LiT team and start setting up for that day’s session.
- Children arrive – find your buddy and catch up with them, take attendance
- Free sports (group activity) – play soccer, basketball, dance, or jump rope in the gym
- First station (literacy) – you and your buddy read a book and discuss what’s happening in the story
4:00 – 4:15
- Second station (science or math) – create an exploding volcano with baking soda and vinegar while discussing how volcanoes are formed and where in the world they are found.
- Snack break – gather around for a healthy snack and storytime
- Third Station – (health activity) – talk about the Canada Health guide, then draw your own food pyramid with your favourite foods to take home.
- Fourth Station – (literacy, art) – Write and illustrate a story about your favourite after-school activity to make a story quilt