Information for Researchers
Facilities & Techniques
- Testing for the ERP studies is conducted at the National Centre for Audiology at Western.
- Event-related encephalograms are recorded using a 128-channel electroencephalography (EEG) system (Electrical Geodesics Inc).
- ERPs are measured at 128 scalp sites (referenced to an average of all channels), plus vertical and horizontal electrooculogram sites.
- In each task, participants sit in a comfortable chair while the auditory stimuli are presented via E-Prime software (Psychology Software Tools), a research grade signal processing system (TDT System III), and insert earphones (Etymotic ER-3A).
- To encourage an awake and still state during acquisition, participants watch (but not listen to) a DVD movie projected on a computer screen at a comfortable viewing distance.
Search Western with Google
Dr. Janis Cardy
The University of Western Ontario
School of Communication Sciences and Disorders
1201 Western Rd.
London, Ontario CANADA
Interested in Participating in Research?
Also of interest:
Western provides the best student experience among Canada's leading research-intensive universities.