About the Program
The program of study will lead to a PhD in Family Medicine. This degree will attract family physicians anticipating a research career in family medicine.
Objectives of the PhD Program:
The main goal of the PhD is to produce family physicians who will be competitive family medicine researchers at the highest levels of grantsmenship internationally. The discipline of family medicine from a research perspective is at a critical juncture and in order to ensure the future of family medicine research PhD trained family physicians are fundamental.
- Understand the theoretical foundations of Family Medicine.
- Design and conduct research relevant to significant issues in the discipline of Family Medicine.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the advancement of knowledge in the discipline of Family Medicine.
Fields of Study:
- Patient-Centered Clinical Care
- Health Services in Primary Health Care