PRIMARY HEALTH CARE SYSTEM PROGRAM
The Primary Health Care System (PHCS) Program is led by Dr. Moira Stewart and supported by an Ontario-wide management committee of established primary health care researchers. The PHCS Program provides a limited number of research fellowships and seed funding grants for primary health care research as well as providing opportunities for Ontario-based PHC researchers to share their work – through the Trillium Primary Health Care Research Day in June, through research rounds presentations to the MOHLTC and updates on our website or via a mailing list. The PHCS Program also responds to MOHLTC requests on an ad-hoc basis.
The mission of the Primary Health Care System (PHCS) Program is:
- To work with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care of Ontario to improve the co-ordination and effectiveness of Primary Health Care research and knowledge translation.
The Program's guiding principles are:
- To increase the capacity for primary health care research
- To maintain common research infrastructures
- To make knowledge acquired accessible to caregivers, and policy makers
- To increase bi-directional links with associations, foundations, and the different levels of government and industry
- To conduct timely and targeted research of relevance both to researchers and Ministry
Also from this web page: