The Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry has identified the Centre for Studies in Family Medicine as providing research strength in the areas of Maternal, Child and Family and the emerging priority of Health Services Research.
The CSFM is affiliated with the:
- Population and Community Health Unit (PCHU)
- Public Health Research and Education Development (PHRED)
- Canadian Task Force on Preventative Health Care
- Centre for Activity and Aging
SOUTHWEST ONTARIO REGION
The Centre for Studies in Family Medicine and the Southwest Region of the Ontario College of Family Physicians have established a Primary Care Partnership. The Partnership allows research to be conducted through a network of over 1100 family physicians in the Southwest Region of Ontario.
The Family Medicine Research and Education Network (FERN) is a program consisting of an on-line network of family physicians in Southwestern Ontario. It provides an electronic forum for discussion, education and research.
The Thames Valley Family Practice Research Unit is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- Capacity-building in research
- Ensuring patient-centred competencies
- Bringing a family medicine and population perspective to diabetes care delivery and surveillance
- Collaborations with General Practice and Primary Care Research Unit, University of Cambridge, U.K.
- International Series Editors for books on Patient-Centred Medicine
- North American Primary Care Research Group
- Society of Teachers in Family Medicine
Also from this web page: