Food Drive Drop Off Locations
Donation locations on campus
- West Valley Building
- University Community Centre (UCC) - Room 57
- Teaching Support Centre in Weldon Library - Room 122
- Chemistry Building – Perth Drive - Outside Room 120
- Stevenson Hall Room 2107
- Main Floor Taylor Library, NSC
- Law Building - Lobby area
- 3rd Floor Lawson Hall - LH 3260
- Dan Management Department - SSB 4330
- Ivey School of Business
- Don Wright Faculty of Music - Talbot College, Room 210
- Front lobby of Westminster Hall – located near the corner of Windermere and Richmond St.
- Althouse College Building - front lobby
- Elborn College - Front Lobby and other locations in Elborn
- Support Services Building - Shopping cart front Lobby and by back doors of SSB going out to parking lot
- Philosophy - Stevenson Hall – Room 314
- Student Services Building - Eight locations in the building
- Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging - Located at the Mount Room 110
- Continuing Studies - Citi Plaza, 355 Wellington St. Unit 240
Why your Western Cares Food Drive support is needed:
The London and Area Food Bank supports over 3,528 families per month with emergency food. This represents a 12.4% increase over the same period last year. Last year the Business Cares Food Drive contributed over 307, 000 lbs. of food during the December campaign. Since 2004 the Food Bank has had a 53.1% increase in demand for support, meaning your support is critically important.
Most people use the food bank as a last resort. In fact, in 2014, 35% of families came to the food bank only once in the year for help. The majority of families came to the food bank 3 - 4 times a year. Less than 2% came each month. 36% of all individuals the food bank helps are children and youth under the age of 17. The London and Area Food Bank also helps 25 other agencies like the Unity Project, Mission Services and Women's Community House.