AODA - Learning Resources & Brochures
We All Have a Role...
Ontario’s new Accessibility Standards for Customer Service are effective as of January 1, 2010. Western is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. In our formal and informal interactions with members of the campus community, each of us has a role to play in fulfilling this commitment.
By law, each person who interacts with students, alumni, visitors, or retirees is obligated to know the requirements of these new standards and communicate with persons with disabilities in a manner that takes the person's disability into account. Please review the resources included on these pages to help you understand these obligations and requirements.
Thank you for learning about and contributing to increased accessibility at Western.
Required Training and Supplemental Resources
1. Western’s Guideline Regarding Accessible Goods and Services
2. Accessibility Resources for Western (PDF)
3. Guide to Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ministry of Community
and Social Services (PDF Version) (WORD Version)
4. Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Regulation 429/07),
Province of Ontario
5. Accessibility: Western's Service Review & Planning Tool (WORD)
Also from this web page: