Dr. Jessica Sontrop
Adjunct Assistant Professor
P: (519) 661-2111 ext: 58765
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Perinatal Epidemiology
- Clark WF, Na Y, Rosansky SJ, Sontrop JM, Macnab JJ, Glassock R, Eggers P, Jackson K, Moist L. Early Dialysis Initiation is Associated with Increased Mortality. Canadian Medical Association Journal 183 47-53, 2011.
- Clark WF, Sontrop JM, Macnab JJ, Salvadori M, Moist L, Suri R, Garg AX. Risk for Hypertension, Renal Impairment and Cardiovascular Disease after E.coli O157:H7 Gastroenteritis. Findings from a Prospective Cohort Study. British Medical Journal 341:c6020, 2010.
- Moist L, Sontrop JM, Gallo K, Mainra R, Freeman D, House A. Effect of N-Acetylcysteine on Serum Creatinine and Kidney Function: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. American Journal of Kidney Diseases 56(4):643-650, 2010.
- Moist L, Sontrop JM, Garg AX, Clark WF, Suri RS, Gratton RJ, Salvadori M, Nevis I, Macnab JJ. Risk of pregnancy-related hypertension within five years of exposure to drinking water contaminated with E.coli O157:H7. Journal of Clinical Hypertension 12(8):613-620, 2010.
- Salvadori M, Sontrop JM, Garg AX, Moist L, Suri R, Clark WF. Factors that led to the Walkerton tragedy. Kidney International 75:S33-S34, 2009.
- Bilyk M, Sontrop JM, Chapman G, Barr S, Mamer L. The food experiences and eating patterns of visually impaired and blind people. Canadian Journal of Dietetic Practice and Research 70:13-18, 2009.
- Salvadori M, Sontrop JM, Garg A, Truong J, Suri R, Mahmud F, Macnab J, Clark WF. Elevated blood pressure in relation to overweight and obesity among children in a rural Canadian community. Pediatrics 122:e821-e827, 2008.
- Forzley B, Sontrop JM, Macnab J, Clark WF. Treating TTP/HUS with plasma exchange: A single centre 25-year experience. British Journal of Hematology 143:100-106, 2008.
- Sontrop JM, Avison WR, Evers SE, Speechley KN, Campbell MK. Depressive symptoms during pregnancy in relation to fish consumption and intake of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Pediatric and Perinatal Epidemiology 22:389-399, 2008.
- Sontrop JM, Campbell MK, Evers SE, Speechley KN, Avison WR. Fish consumption among pregnant women in London, Ontario: associations with socio-demographic and health and lifestyle factors. Canadian Journal of Public Health 98:389-394, 2007.
- Sontrop J, Campbell MK. Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and depression: a review of the evidence and a methodological critique. Preventive Medicine 42:4-13, 2006.