Dr. Greta Bauer
P: (519) 661-2111 ext: 86262
F: (519) 661-3766
Public health ethics
Validity issues in observational studies
Aetiology of vertical and horizontal STI transmission
Methodologic and ethical issues in studying hidden populations
Viral sexually transmitted infections (STIs): HIV-1, HSV-2, HPV
BS Health and Health Care
CURRENT RESEARCH GRANTS
- Social Exclusion, Erasure, and the Health of Transgender People: Trans PULSE (Principal Investigator, CIHR)
- Are Gay Men Really Men who have Sex with Men? Methodological Issues in Measuring Male Sexual Orientation in Health Research (Principal Investigator, CIHR)
- Linking Molecular and Social Cluster Analyses in HIV Transmission: Phase I Project (Co-Principal Investigator, CIHR)
- Risk and Resilience among Bisexual People in Ontario: A Community-Based Study of Bisexual Mental Health (Co-Investigator, CIHR)
- The Black, African and Caribbean Canadian Health (BLACCH) Study (Co-Principal Investigator, OHTN)
- A Qualitative Exploration of the Lived Experience of Trans People Living with HIV in Ontario (Co-Principal Investigator, CIHR)
- Health in Middlesex Men Matters (HiMMM) (Principal Investigator, OHTN)
- Bauer GR. Itís all in the context: Structural and psychosocial challenges to HIV prevention with transgender women. In: Women and HIV in Canada. Gahagan J (editor). Toronto: Canadian Scholarsí Press. In press.
- Bauer GR. Making sure everyone counts: Considerations for inclusion, identification, and analysis of transgender and transsexual participants in health surveys. In: What a Difference Sex and Gender Make [casebook]. In press, CIHR Institute of Gender and Health.
- Bauer GR, Khobzi N, Coleman TA. Herpes simplex virus type-2 seropositivity and relationship status among U.S. adults age 20 to 49: A population-based analysis [highly accessed article]. BMC Infectious Diseases 2010;10:359.
- Bouman WP, Bauer GR, Richards C, Coleman E. Considerations on the role of distress (criterion D) in gender identity disorder diagnosis. International Journal of Transgenderism 2010;12(2):100-106.
- Bauer GR, Jairam JA, Baidoobonso SM. Sexual health, risk behaviors and substance use in heterosexual-identified women with female sex partners: 2002 U.S. National Survey of Family Growth. Sexually Transmitted Diseases 2010 37(9):531-537.
- Bauer GR, Hammond R, Travers R, Kaay M, Hohenadel KM, Boyce M. “I don’t think this is theoretical; this is our lives.” How erasure impacts health care for transgender people. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care 2009;20(5):348-361.
- Bauer GR, Jairam JA. Are lesbians really women who have sex with women (WSW)? Methodological concerns in health research on sexual minority women. Women & Health 2008;48(4):383-408.
- Welles SL, Bauer GR, LaRussa PS, Colgrove RC, Pitt J, for the Women and Infants Transmission Study. Time trends for HIV-1 antiretroviral resistance among antiretroviral-experienced and -naïve pregnant New York City women during 1991 to early 2001. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 2007;44(3):329-335
- Boehmer U, Bowen DJ, Bauer GR. Overweight and obesity in sexual minority women: Evidence from population-based data. American Journal of Public Health 2007; 97(6):1134-1140.
- Bauer GR, Colgrove RC, LaRussa P, Pitt J, Welles SL, for the WITS Study Team. Antiretroviral resistance mutations in viral isolates from HIV-1-transmitting mothers and their infants. AIDS 2006;20:1707-1712.
- Bauer GR, Wayne LD. Cultural sensitivity and research involving sexual minorities. Perspectives on Sexual and Reproductive Health 2005;37(1):45-47.
- Saewyc EM, Bauer GR, Skay C, Bearinger LH, Resnick MD, Reis E, Murphy A. Measuring sexual orientation in adolescent health surveys: Evaluation of eight school-based studies. Journal of Adolescent Health 2004;35(4):345.e1-e15.
- Bauer GR, Welles SL, Colgrove RC, Pitt J, WITS Study Team. Zidovudine resistance phenotype and risk of perinatal HIV-1 transmission in zidovudine monotherapy-treated mothers with moderately advanced disease. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 2003;34(3):312-319.
- Bauer GR, Welles SL. Beyond assumptions of negligible risk: Sexually transmitted diseases and women who have sex with women. American Journal of Public Health 2001;91(8):1282-1286.
- Ross MW, Rosser BRS, Bauer GR, Bockting WO, Robinson BE, Coleman E, Rugg DL. Drug use, unsafe sexual behavior, and internalized homonegativity in men who have sex with men. AIDS and Behavior 2001;5(1):97-103.
Articles in PubMed