As a co-op host, we ask that you commit to the following:
- Offering the students work projects that are relevant, and degree-related
- Providing orientation and training for the student when they begin their work term
- Imparting your experience and wisdom through regular supervision and mentorship
Administrative Requirements include:
- Developing Learning Outcomes for the co-op work term – outlining what the student should know and be able to do by the end of the co-op work term. They help the student to identify the integration and application of the learning they have gained.
- Completing Evaluations – we require that you monitor the students performance and complete a midpoint and final evaluation
The MES co-op program appreciates the support of its employers and aims to ensure that employer needs are met during the course of the summer co-op program. Please don’t hesitate to contact the MES Co-op Office if you have any questions about the program.