Lillian Kroll Prize in Creative Writing
Submissions are now being accepted!
- Entries must be submitted by Monday, February 27, 2017
- Participants must submit one entry per person, of either prose, fiction, poetry or drama which will be adjudicated on the basis of the quality of the writing submitted, not its quantity.
- You should submit work that has not hitherto been published or won an award in any other competition. One of the following would be a suitable submission:
- a poem, or a brief series of linked poems
- a one-act play, or scenes from a longer work
- a short story or novella, or selections from a longer work of fiction
- Submissions must include a cover page with the following information:
- your name
- student number
- email address
- telephone number
- Entries must be submitted in hard copy only to the Department of English and Writing Studies, 2G02 Arts & Humanities Building, Western University.
- The winning entry will be named in April of 2017.
- The winner will be notified by email or telephone.
- The results will be posted on the Department of English website.
Inquiries to: Vivian Foglton | email@example.com
2016 First prize Erica McKeen for her short story, "Our Eyes, Our Tongue" / Honourable Mention of a very High Order to Kevin Heslop for his selection of poems