March 2012: Go NSERC!
As many of you know, Prof. Mike Kerr is a member of the Chemistry Evaluation Group at NSERC. He just recently completed his first competition evaluations. He must have done something right as he was asked to serve as Section Chair for the remainder of his term! A Section Chair plays a very important role in the evaluation of Discovery grants at NSERC. They
- assist in the assignment of applications to EG members
- provide leadership to ensure the orderly and complete evaluation of applications and the transmission of accurate recommendations to NSERC
- lead the EG section’s efforts to maintain the high quality of the peer review process
- coordinate the preparation of Messages to Applicants during the competition session to ensure that they reflect the full EG consensus and not the views of a single member
- contribute to discussions on policy issues, new emerging areas of research, particular discipline problem areas, etc. This includes input on the EG’s annual report
- assess and prioritize researchers identified as potential Discovery Accelerator Grant awardees
- makes recommendations to NSERC regarding the distribution of the budget
- other duties as assigned :-)
We are fortunate to have someone on the Chemistry Executive Committee from our department. Congratulations Mike!
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
1151 Richmond Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6A 5B7
P (519) 661-2166
F (519) 661-3022