Functional Exercise for Dementia (FE4D)
In this workshop participants will learn to maximize functional outcomes in dementia and Alzheimer clients by leading effective exercise programs within a variety of settings. Length: 7 hours, Prerequisite(s): None, Registration Fee: $200.00 + applicable provincial tax.
- Exercise prescription and design guidelines for dementia
- Strength, balance and flexibility sample exercises
- Music, choreography and exercise transitions
- Safety, screening, assessments and evaluations
- Providing more opportunity for physical activity and exercise with dementia
Who Should Take this Workshop?
- Fitness leaders involved in exercise programming for ambulatory seniors living with early to mid-stage Alzheimer disease, or other dementias
Upcoming Workshops and Registration