INTENT TO REGISTER (ITR) FAQs?
(answers will be posted continually so check back on a regular basis)
What is ITR? When undergraduate students tell us they intend to register in courses next year leading to a specific program/degree.
When does it happen? The ITR online form is available from February 1 to March 31. Only students who have submitted an ITR before the deadline will be given access to web registration during the first round in June and July.
Where do I access the ITR online process? Go to Student Services
Faculty of Science website –ITR General Information
BMSc Intent to Register Sessions - schedule
How to Complete Intent to Register...check out the How to....section
General Information about ITR for BMSc Students
- Academic Requirement and Criteria for entry into the BMSc Program
- Select BMSc for both of your ITR choices so we have options for alternative modules should you not be eligible for your first choice. If your second choice is a non-BMSc module then we are obligated to pass your adjudication onto the appropriate faculty for completion.
- Students going on Exchange or Internship should still complete Intent to Register
- Admission into the Honors Specialization (HSP) modules is a two-step process. Students must first be deemed eligible for the BMSc Program. In the second stage, students are ranked using marks in selected courses and then assigned to the available spaces in the Honors Specialization modules. This second step is not required for students requesting Double Majors in the BMSc Program.
- Any student in BSc, BMSc or other degree types is eligible for consideration for entry into the BMSc Program in Year 3 provided all admission criteria and requirements are completed. Preference for entry is not given to Year 2 BMSc students.
- Any student in Year 3 of the BMSc program with the appropriate courses has an equal opportunity to be considered for Year 4 of any Honors Specialization module. See the Weighted Averages chart for information about how your average will be calculated, depending on the HSP module you select during ITR.