laboratory of Dr. Penny A. MacDonald in the Brain and Mind Institute at
the University of Western Ontario is seeking individuals diagnosed
with Parkinson’s disease as well as healthy volunteers to participate in
research studies on attention, memory, and thinking. Experiments
involve either simple computerized tasks, functional MRI scans, or both.
You will have to answer some questions (< 10 minutes) to ensure
that you are eligible to participate in research studies prior to
scheduling your appointment. If you are interested in being involved or
require more information, please contact the MacDonald Lab at (519) 661-2111 ex. 80271
or e-mail email@example.com.
Please check that you meet ALL of the following criteria:
• between 18 and 80 years of age
• NO history of another neurological or major psychiatric disorder (if Parkinson’s patient)
• NO history of neurological or major psychiatric disorder (if healthy control)
• NO requirement for prescribed medications that make you drowsy
• NO history of abusing alcohol, prescription or street drugs
• NOT taking Aricept (Donepezil), Reminyl (Galantamine), Exelon (Rivastigmine), or Memantine (Ebixa)
PERCEPTION RESEARCH STUDY
The Grahn Lab is currently
looking for participants that would be willing to take part in an experiment on
beat perception. The experiment is being run in the next two weeks (every day
-- with flexible hours) and will take approximately 40 minutes to complete. Any
healthy volunteers between the ages of 18-30 would be greatly appreciated.
Please contact Angela at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about the