(6) Students who are required to present evidence of proficiency in English must make their own arrangements to write the TOEFL and to have the official results sent directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the testing agency. [Western TOEFL ID is 0984, dept. code 71] Telephone Help Line: 9:00 am - 4:00pm EST Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Medical Biophysics Graduate Application Procedure
For All International Applicants
Before you begin your application, read the following:
(1) ADMINISTRATIVE PREPARATION required at the university and Canadian
government levels prior to acceptance to a Western graduate program.
Successful international applicants to the Medical Biophysics graduate program
are required to have a valid study permit in place as described on the above link
before the first day of term in which they will be registered.
(2) Material about our Medical Biophysics Graduate Program
MORE Important Information About the Application Process .....
(1) NO application will be considered for admission until it is complete.
(2) Application fees are associated with the graduate application process.
(3) Partial applications (e.g. transcripts, resumes etc.) submitted to determine admissibility will not be accepted or acknowledged.
(4) International applicants are required to submit OFFICIAL transcripts of their ENTIRE out-of-country university education before their application will be considered for admission. Legally notarized English translations must be included as well.
(5) All successful international applicants who are offered admission to our graduate program must have completed all of their BSc and MSc degree requirements respectively by the first day of graduate enrollment at Western. For PhD applicants, this includes MSc course work and successful thesis defense.
Other formal evidence of graduate level proficiency in English (as determined by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies) may be considered in lieu of these test scores.
Proof of successful TOEFL examination must be dated no later than 6 months prior to submission date of application.
According to SGPS, the minimum acceptable score is 86 with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version; 213 for the standard electronic version; or 550 for the paper and pencil version. The Medical Biophysics graduate program ONLY accepts iBT TOEFL scores. Only complete applications with an overall iBT score of 92 will be considered with no individual score below 20 for the internet based version.
(7) E-mails from international applicants asking for pre-application opinions of probability of admission, problems with submitting official transcripts etc. will NOT be considered a priority to answer.
Start Your Application Now!
Click on the above logo to begin the application process
The start date to accept on-line applications
Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
October 7th, 2013
If you are having trouble with your application, please contact
Western's School of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS).
519 - 850 - 2341
(6) Students who are required to present evidence of proficiency in English must make their own arrangements to write the TOEFL and to have the official results sent directly to the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the testing agency. [Western TOEFL ID is 0984, dept. code 71]
Telephone Help Line:
9:00 am - 4:00pm EST
All applicants to Western graduate programs must submit their applications through Western's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS).
Applicants requiring assistance should contact the SGPS Applications Help Line at 519 - 850 - 2341 or by E-MAIL.
NSERC/CIHR/SSHRC CGS-M Scholarship Competition
Information, Application Procedures, and Deadlines
2014 OGS & QEIIGSST Scholarship Applications Now Available On-Line for Graduate Students Currently Registered at Western.
Jan. 24, 2014 - current graduate students will not be able to begin an application after this date. Jan. 31, 2014 - the Online Application Portal closes for the competitions. Incomplete applications will be deleted after this date.
MUST READ: Graduate Chair's Notes for All MBP Students
The Top 10 Things A MBP Graduate Student Needs To Know (presented by Baraa Al-Khazraji, senior PhD student)
Above presentations best viewed using Google Chrome
Western's Learning Skills Services for Graduate Students offers excellent advice and counselling about balancing the challenges of conducting research, writing your dissertation, and maintaining a personal life. An effective example of their services is tips on time management.
View the Slide Show from the 2013 A. C. Burton Lecture
Best viewed using Google Chrome
In Memory of Dr. Alan C. Groom, Professor Emeritius, the Alan C. Groom Memorial Fund Has Been Established. See Presentation ...
Best viewed using Google Chrome
ALAN C. BURTON
VIDEO SEMINAR COLLECTION
Also of interest: