Steps in applying for an Undergraduate Student Research Award (USRA) in Biology
Deadline: January 11, 2013
1) Find a faculty member in the Department of Biology to be your supervisor. This person must hold an NSERC grant.
2) After finding a supervisor, complete the application form:
- Go to the NSERC website ( http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-servicesEnLigne/Index_eng.asp ) and follow the links from ‘PDF Forms and Instructions’. Complete the application form online.
- Make sure you use your UWO e-mail address.
- This year NSERC requires students to upload their transcript before allowing them to print off their application. Upload your unofficial transcript from U.W.O. for this step.
- Print a hard copy.
- Sign your application.
3) Complete an ‘Access to Academic Records Form of Consent’ which will allow Stefani Tichbourne to pull your transcript.
4) Complete a ‘Biology Student Statement Form.’
5) Prepare a 1-2 page resume.
6) Submit the signed, hard copy of your application form, the ‘Access to Academic Records Form of Consent, the ‘Biology Student Statement Form, and your resume to Stefani Tichbourne in NCB 301D.
This page was last updated on
January 30, 2013
Biology Web Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org