The Sherwood Fox Arboretum
Through the years
These photographs document some of the changes on campus since the early years. Old photos are from the J.J. Talman Regional Collection of the Western Libraries .
University College circa 1930. The large tree on the right in the picture above has been removed to make way for the road. The small sapling in the right foreground is now the huge Copper Beech that graces the top of University Hill.
Natural Sciences, now the Physics and Astronomy Building, circa 1930. During World War II more shrubs and trees were planted in front of the basement windows to help conceal classified research on radar. The shrubs were all removed during building renovations in 2011.
Shrubs in front of the Physics and Astronomy Building in May 2005 [photo Alan Noon]
This page was last updated on
January 15, 2013
Biology Web Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org