Equipment Lending Office Location: AHB 1B09
Monday 10:00 - 12:00, 2:00 - 4:00
Tuesday 12:00 - 3:00
Wednesday 10:00 - 12:00, 2:00 - 4:00
Thursday 11:00 - 3:00
Friday 10:00 - 4:00
1. You must be a member of the Faculty of Arts & Humanities.
2. Lending periods are up to 3 calendar days.
3. Equipment must be returned by the person who signed it out, unless a eligible participant has been named in the booking. NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
4. Equipment must be returned by the date and time specified on the equipment sign-out sheet. Anything returned after the lending period will be considered late and charged a late fee of $5 per item per day.
5. It is expected that the borrower will report any problems with the equipment upon return.
6. There are mandatory training sessions for use of film & video production equipment. It is only with the consent of the Media Technician that this requirement may be waived.
Advance Booking Procedures:
Please be advised that there are a limited amount of resources and there are no guarantees that equipment will be available unless you have booked it well in advance.
Bookings may be made by emailing Alyssa Evetts directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please allow 2 business days for your booking to be processed.
Students must obtain a user account prior to borrowing equipment. Authorized users will have access to an online booking system for multimedia equipment lending. Students must submit a loaning contract, completed in full, to activate an account. The contract must be signed by the student, the course instructor, and approved by the Technical Services' Media Technician. Once the contract is submitted, the account will be activated within 2 business days. Loaning contracts can by picked up from the Equipment Lending Office in AHB 1B09 during office hours.
Technical Services has a variety of equipment available for sign-out. This equipment includes video production equipment, data projectors, TV/DVD trolleys, digital cameras, and many other teaching aids. These items can be signed out in AHB 1B09.
Please see "Equipment Booking" for more information.
Audio/Video Recording and Editing
These facilities are available in AHB 1G12 and 1G11 for faculty and for students working on coursework involving audio and video compilation. The facility comprises professional digital A/V editing suites, a sound recording booth (unavailable until completion of UC renovations), and a multi-format copy suite. Instruction and assistance for use of the Audio/Video Recording and Editing services must be arranged in advance by attending a workshop and booking time on the equipment that is to be used.
Media Reformatting Services
Technical Services provides audio/video reformatting support for curriculum and research purposes within the Faculty of Arts & Humanities. Email email@example.com for more information.
In University College, A/V Carts are available for Registrar time-tabled courses in GU classrooms that do not have permanently-installed audio-visual equipment. A typical A/V Cart is equipped with a data projector, a computer, a laptop connection, DVD and VCR playback capabilities. A/V Carts are booked through Faculty of Arts & Humanities Technical Services, click here.