Dr. Godwin Arku
Associate Professor, Department of Geography
Office: SSC 2427
Telephone: 519-661-2111 x 85343
Dr. Godwin Arku is an Associate Professor in the Department of Geography. Dr. Arku’s research interests span across the fields of 'urban' and 'economic' subdivision of human geography, especially as they relate to the transformation of urban systems in a changing global environment. Professor
- Housing and economic development
- Urban development and policy analysis
- Regional and local economic development policy and planning
- Third World development issues (esp. Africa)
- Arku, G., Mensah, K., Allotey, N., & Addo-Frempong, E. (2016) (Non)-compliance with Building Permit Regulations in Accra, Ghana: Exploring the reasons from the perspective of multiple stakeholders. Planning Theory & Practice. 17 (3): 361-384.
- Arku, G. Yeboah, I., Nyantakyi-Frimpong, H. (2016) Public Parks as an Element of Urban Development: A missing piece in Accra’s growth and development. Local Environment 21 (12): 1500-1515.
- Kuuire, V., Arku, G., Luginaah, I., Buzzelli, M. & Abada, T. (2016) Obligations and Expectations: Perceived relationship between Transnational Housing Investment and Housing Consumption Decisions among Ghanaians Immigrants in Canada. Housing, Theory & Society 33 (4): 445-468.